by Ursula Kane Cafferty
A brilliant new board game for all the family.
It was while reading a newspaper article in 2008 about the number of people who could no longer afford to go abroad on holidays and were opting for 'staycations' that the idea for this game began to develop.
We’ve always been a board-game kind of family ... but nothing on the market at that time appealed to us. ActiVacation™© was born!
The title, ActiVacation™©, came from merging the words ‘Active’ and ‘Vacation’.
An interesting selling point of this game is it’s defined ‘Tour Guide’ role, for the person who might be too ill or too tired to play but still wants to be part of the fun - a role which suited a member of our family perfectly.
ActiVacation™© has since been tried, tested and honed to perfection.
The aim of this game is to 'get to the airport'.
My main reason for crowd funding is to raise financial assistance to get the project off the ground and into production. As I intend part-funding ActiVacation™© from my own savings, be assured that your pledge is going towards a product that will defintely be produced.
- The estimated cost of producing 500 games is €11,600 plus 23% VAT (quotation expires in Dec 2019 but costs shouldn't change greatly).
- A launch event will cost extra, depending on venue, nibbles etc.
- My intention is to partly fund the project from my own savings. Therefore my pitch is for €10,000.
- So naturally, I woud encourage you to 'lucky-dip' into this submission and find out more about my ActiVacation™© rewards
Holding a project management qualification, with past experience in planning and commissioning in the health service and the self publication of my book, I am well equipped and motivated to take on the challenge of the production and launch of a limited edition of ActiVacation™©.
My self-published book, 'Suitcase Number Seven - a rugby story with a difference' was still being spoken of on the airwaves as recently as November 2019.
This previous experience taught me how to -
- promote a product I believe in
- run a successful launch event
Why Fund it?
1. The excitement of crowdfunding will get the name ActiVacation™© 'out there' in ways I could never achieve alone
2. The fact that people might pre-purchase the game for specific rewards adds an additional layer of enthusiasm to the project
3. I know people will join the buzz and enjoy playing ActiVacation™©
Through Fund it I aim to successfully produce and launch a limited edition of ActiVacation™© onto the domestic market within the next year. So If you can spot its potential and you find a reward that appeals to you, your pledge would be much appreciated. The rewards are worthwhile and indeed some people have already expressed their interest in the numbered, first edition, certified copies of the game.
So ... many thanks for reading my submission.